Kindergarten Social Work Services
With the mission of early identification and early intervention, the Po Leung Kuk Kindergarten Social Work Services have been providing support and counselling services to children and parents in need from June 2007 onward.
Upon February 2019, we have received funding from Social Welfare Department to provide support to Kindergartens and nurseries in stages. Currently, we have been providing services for more than 46 pre-primary institutions.
The Kindergarten Social Work Services adheres to the principle of “Early Identification and Intervention”, ensuring children, parents and schools receive comprehensive care and support.
Aiming to facilitate healthy physical and mental development of children by conducting a range of activities and counselling services.
Implementing parent education by proactively communicate with the family, helping parents understand their children's needs at different developmental stages, acquire the appropriate and positive parenting skills; and assist parents to relieve emotional stress and establish mutual help network through emotional support and counselling services.
Providing schools and kindergarten teachers with professional consultation and training services, striving to create a caring learning environment with the school.
Case Counseling and Referral Services
- To conduct comprehensive assessments for children and families, provide psychological and emotional support, help resolve challenges and difficulties in caregiving and parenting, and refer to other professional services when needed.
Parental education and family support
- To organize parenting talks, workshops, therapeutic groups, parent-child activities for parents and carers.
Child development and support
- To provide diversified groups and activities that meet their developmental needs, so that children can grow in a healthy and balanced way in terms of physical, psychological, social and spiritual needs.
Teacher training and support
- To provide consultation services, trainings and team building activities for teachers, and facilitate interprofessional communication.
Crisis management and intervention
- To assist in handling family crises and high risk cases by our crisis managment team, such as suspected child maltreatment or accidents.
Collaboration with community resources
- To assist families accessing community resources so as to improve their caregiving or quality of life.
Offer direct support to the school on a weekly basis.
Students, parents/caregivers, and faculty members of the participating schools.
List of Kindergartens/Preschools: https://reurl.cc/9RAN6Y
For the schools participating in the "Pilot Scheme on Social Work Service for Pre-primary Institutions" funded by the Social Welfare Department, the program is completely free of charge.
Kindergarten Social Work Service (Team 1)
Address: Room 507A, Phase II, Cheung Sha Wan Plaza, 833 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon
Kindergarten Social Work Service (Team 2)
Address: Room 507B, Phase II, Cheung Sha Wan Plaza, 833 Cheung Sha Wan Road, Kowloon
Kindergarten Social Work Service (Team 3)
Address: Room 705, 7th Floor, Shatin Commercial Centre, 18-24 Shan Mei Street, Fo Tan, New Territories
Kindergarten Social Work Service (Eastern District and Wan Chai)
Address: Room 1603, Phase II, Causeway Bay Plaza, 463-483 Lockhart Road, Causeway Bay, Hong Kong
General Office Phone: 2116 4244 / 2116 9158
General Office Fax: 2117 0424
Email: [email protected]
Monday to Saturday: 9:00 AM - 5:48 PM
Lunch Break: 1:00 PM - 2:00 PM