Child sponsorship programme
Child Sponsorship Programme is a fix-amount donation programme. It aims to generate revenue to develop and enhance the services of children, youth and families, and also to facilitate the Kuk’s children in experiencing the concern and love of the community.
Residential Child Care Service is the earliest service provided by Po Leung Kuk. We render 24-hour comprehensive care for the children and youth who are lacking proper family care. Various services including education, medical services, counselling services, developmental and diversified recreational services are provided for the children and youth to facilitate and nourish their proper physical, mental and moral development. The children are residing in sections located at our Headquarters and in small group homes outside Po Leung Kuk. Every living unit – a House, is like a family, in which children are like “brothers” and “sisters” and there are “parents” to take care of them. There are over 30 Houses under the Residential Child Care Service.
Child Sponsorship is totally different from legal adoption, and it does not create any legal relationship between the donor and his/her sponsored child. Joining the Child Sponsorship Programme is purely a benevolent act and will not give any privilege or priority to a sponsor who may also be interested in adoption.
For sake of child’s welfare, the Kuk may reject an application for joining the Programme.
Join the Sponsorship Programme at around HK$4 per day
Types of Sponsorships and Donation Amount
- Donor(s) may join Individual Child or / and House Sponsorship, and financially support more than one child or house simultaneously
- Every child and house may be supported by more than one donor at the same time
- The minimum term of Sponsorship is one year
- All donations made will not be refunded
Donor(s) may choose to be allocated with specific child(ren). The allocation of child(ren) is to be decided by Kuk. Donor with allocation of child(ren) can visit his/her sponsored child(ren) after attending the sponsorship orientation programme.
Annual sponsorship fee is HK$1,500 for each child
This type of Sponsorship is known as “Sunny Family Ambassador” or “Sunny Corporation Ambassador” whereby donor(s) is allocated to specific House(s). Donor(s) will receive a Certificate of Appreciation and be invited to join the activities related to the House organized by the Kuk and meet the children.
- Individual Sponsorship: HK$1,500 yearly per House (to join House activities individually)
- Family Sponsorship: HK$2,250 yearly per House (a maximum of 4 members to join House activities)
- Group/Corporate Sponsorship: HK$7,500 yearly per House (a maximum of 10 members to join House activities)
Use of Funds
All revenue generated from the Sponsorship Programme will be dedicated to develop and enhance the children, youth and families services. With your sponsorship, we are able to:
- Improve environment and facilities in children's dormitories
- provide children with more comfortable living environment.
- Enhance medical care services for children
- medical rooms and dental rooms are set up in Kuk’s Headquarters to provide services to residential children, and to arrange children to receive vaccines which are not subsidized by government for prevention of disease.
- Establish multi-disciplinary professional team
- Provide professional services by on-going training speech therapists, physiotherapists, occupational therapists, nurses, social workers and teaching staff to support and assist those children, youth, and family in need in the society.
- Develop potentials
- provide language development programmes, opportunities to develop potentials, so as to enhance their self-confidence and self-esteem.
Should there be any enquiry in regard to the Programme, please feel free to contact the staff of our Child Sponsorship Section by telephone 25769258 .
Office Hours of the Child Sponsorship Section:
Monday to Saturday: 8:45 a.m. to 5:15 p.m. (Closed from 1 to 2 p.m.)
Sunday & Public Holiday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. (Except the first 3 days of the Lunar New Year)
PO LEUNG KUK CHILD SPONSORSHIP SECTION,
66 LEIGHTON ROAD, HONG KONG
TEL: 25769258 FAX: 28906395 EMAIL: [email protected]
** In light of the latest developments of the novel coronavirus infection, the office hours of our Section will be temporary adjusted as below until further notice:
Tuesday to Saturday: 8:45 a.m. – 1:00 p.m., 2:00 p.m. – 5:15 p.m.